Mars Attacks Slot Review – BluePrint
BluePrint is on fire at the moment with their releases. It seems they have released slots more frequently after their big deal with BTG for the use of Megaways in their games. They recently released Primal Megaways which I feel is an excellent slot with unique features and high volatility in the free spins. They have announced a new exciting slot to be released soon, which I’ve had the chance to play with. It is called ‘Mars Attacks‘ and is released 13th December on all sites. This game has many features and is an adaptation of a big science fiction movie. Let’s see what’s on offer in our Mars Attacks Slot Review!
Tim Burton, who is massively successful, directed the movie which the slot is based on, released back in 1997. In the film, bug-eyed Martians in flying saucers come to earth to cause havoc, kidnapping a chat show host and a scientist for experiments. Who will save earth from these evil creatures? You no longer need to watch the movie to find out.
The slot is a brilliant adaptation of the original film with great science fiction elements and artwork. The slot is action packed with features just like BluePrint’s other slot adaptations TED and The Goonies which are both very successful. Mars Attack has five base game features which trigger randomly during spins and free spins. It is five reels by three rows with an RTP of 96.4%. Not bad overall!
Mars Attacks Slot Review Base Game Features
In the base game, there is a Mars Attacks! feature which can randomly trigger 1 of the following features;
- Abduction beam – A UFO will fly to the top of reels and steal all of the symbols. A new reel set will then fall on to the reels to give a win.
- Expansion Cannon – Mystery symbols added to all reels. When reels have landed all mystery symbols transform into a randomly selected symbol.
- Radiation Blaster – Wilds added to random positions on reels.
- Mega Shrink Ray – The reels shrink which increases the rows from 3 to 5.
- Sub Zero Laser – Winning symbols become sticky for the duration of re-spins, these spins will stop when no more winning symbols are added to reels.
Mars Attacks Slot Review Symbols and Paytable
The slot has 4 low paying symbols which are J, Q, K, and A. They are in a standard font with a different colour to represent each. There are also five high paying symbols, and these are represented by themed items/ characters from the original movie. There is an eye ring, TV set, guns, Martians, and the Mars Attacks logo as the highest paying symbol alongside the wild symbol which is green with a skeleton. Both pay 25x for five overall reels. There is a max win of 500x in the main game which feels very low for a BluePrint.
Mars Attacks Slot Review Free Spins Feature
To activate the free spins you need 3 or more scatter symbols to land on any of the reels. You will be asked to pick a part of a world map for the Martians to attack, if they manage to succeed you win one of the features, you can gamble your feature for a better feature but can lose the gamble which results in a mystery win. It is a simple gamble function seen in The Goonies slot. The 5 features you can win are:
- Spy Hunter – Cash picking feature (the worst of the 5)
- We Come In Peace – Another feature where you “pick-a-prize”, with slightly better value available
- D.N.A Analysis – You are awarded 5 free spins but on a 4 by 5 reel set instead of the base game one, wilds are expanding instead of regular symbols. the wilds increase in size by 1 symbol after each spin.
- Martian TakeOver – You are awarded 10 free spins with extra wilds.
- Final Stand – You can have unlimited spins on this feature, both the Martians and the humans have a special symbol. The symbol will land on reel 2 for the humans and reel 4 for the Martians. When these symbols land it will fill the progress bar by 1 space. The Martians can delete symbols but the humans can increase the multiplier for wins. If you fill up the human bar first it will award a big money boost.
Mars Attacks Slot Review Conclusion
Overall, I enjoyed playing the slot and all the features. The theme is a unique one, and BluePrint adapted the 1997 movie into the slot well with the symbols representing the Martians, the music/ sound effects and design of the slot itself. It is being released very quickly after Primal Megaways and The Goonies. However, it is nearly 2019, so they may be pushing out releases to end the year on good slots ready for the new year.
The features can be confusing when first playing but you tend to learn what they can do very quickly when playing for yourself. The bonus feature is fun, it is a shame the gamble feature is included because it feels like you have to gamble to be able to get a useful feature, but the 3-5 features tend to pay okay. The slot feels like it has medium volatility and I recommend you try it out for yourself when it releases on 13th December. Remember to check out our casino offers to find a casino you can play this awesome game on.
Gameplay – 4/5
Volatility – 3/5
Bonus/Features – 4/5