Champions Of Rome Slot Review – Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil recently released a slot sequel to an old favourite from the provider, ‘Casino Zeppelin’ has been given a new fresh look with a new base game feature but all the statistics from the original. ‘Casino Cosmos’ has positive feedback from the casino community with significant potential and a base game grind for the new collectibles which can be worth the spins. But now the provider has announced a new ancient Rome gladiator themed slot, full of action with many features and a bonus buy for 50x your bet.
The slot in question is called ‘Champions Of Rome‘ and is set to release ‘21st February‘ on all sites. This slot is currently exclusive to Leo Vegas until general release. The slot has a setup of 5 reels by three rows, this includes 20 pay lines, and the set RTP is 96.4%. The background is inside a Colosseum with cute art designs and somewhat good detail. While spinning, you will listen to an intense roman inspired soundtrack and sound effects when events occur.
Champions Of Rome Slot Review Symbols & Paytable
The slot has 12 symbols in total which includes, four low paying symbols represented by different coloured coins, gold being the highest paying. There are also six high paying symbols represented by three animal face carvings and three gladiators with different coloured backgrounds. The highest paying symbol is the red background gladiator paying 60x for 5 across a pay line. There’s also a free spin scatter symbol and golden wild.
Champions Of Rome Slot Review Features
In the base game landing, two scatter symbols will trigger ‘Gladiator Feature.’ 3 different gladiator features can be activated:
- Swords – 2×1 and 1×2 wild symbols are added to random positions on the reel set.
- Mace – 2×2 wilds are added to reels.
- Trident – 4 random wilds are added to reels.
To activate free spins you need to land 3 or more scatter symbols or purchase the bonus for 50x your bet size, landing five scatters will award 600x. Once free spins are activated, you can choose from two different bonus features.;
- Training Mode – 8 Free Spins (Nothing Extra)
- Deathmatch Mode – Win at least 450 coins in this mode to keep winning. Otherwise, you lose your coins. Choose between 7 Free Spins (x2), 6 Free Spins (x3) and 5 Free Spins (x4). The multiplier for each is only used to multiply your total win value if you win at least 450 coins, the multiplier will not be used on wins during these spins. If you do not win 450 coins or more, you will lose your winnings and given a consolation prize. Your prize can range from 40-200 coins or 5 training mode free spins. So you need to hope for over 23x to keep your winnings.
Champions Of Rome Slot Review Conclusion
Overall, this is a very well produced slot by Yggdrasil. The slot looks fantastic with good visual detailing and unique art style on both the symbol design and background. The base game feature helps soften the disappointment of a bonus tease with a benefit of wilds. The bonus buy at a generous 50x can be worth the spend, but this will depend on which bonus feature you pick. The potential to lose your winnings on the deathmatch choice can be scary, but there’s much more potential in these spins compared to the regular training mode spins. This slot will be available on all sites 21st February and is available exclusively on Leo Vegas until this date. Remember to also check out our Twitch stream for live slots action.
Gameplay – 3.5/5
Volatility – 3.5/5
Bonus Feature – 3/5